Friday, January 14, 2011

Where were you at 1:11 AM on Tuesday 1/1/11: Part 2

Head Coach Chip Kelly of the Oregon Ducks

In Part I of this blog, I recorded the statements of winning coach Gene Cizik of the Auburn Tigers.

This interview was followed by the sentiments of coach Chip Kelly of the losing Oregon Ducks. Here they are:

"I'm just really proud of my players.

I love these guys. They've competed. They've done everything we've ever asked them to do.

It is a special group of young men. I said in my first game when I was the head coach, one game doesn't define you as a person or as football player. And the same thing still holds true. There guys are champions. I love them.

We will be back."

The blogger is indebted for the fine team at ESPN for the Chizik interview and Erick Smith of USA Today for Kelly's words and Mike Belotti and the Daily Stab for the photo of Chip Kelly.

No comments: