Perhaps, the Rhode Island based company can do more in the way of promoting online as well as live seminars on prevention and other health related issues such as the importance of colon cancer screening that I will cover shortly. So, stay tuned!
2. HATS OFF TO DANIEL P. MALLOY of Connecticut for PROPOSING THE SALE OF E-CIGS TO MINORS BE BANNED. This device involves heating a flavored nicotine liquid to produce a vapor that is like smoke.Though touted as a means of beating the nicotine habit, these devices make smoking more attractive to the underage because mainly because celebrities are seen with the devices.
3. COLON CANCER IN OUR COUNTRY IS DOWN 30% IN THE LAST DECADE. This is despite that only 50% of those who should be screened are in fact going for the test. So wake up America and those adults who are 50 years of age and up, go visit your local primary care doctor.
5. KUDOS TO THE CITY OF STAMFORD AND MAYOR MARTIN FOR "POT HOLE WEEK" whereby the public is invited to contact the city to report potholes that needed filling. Streets such as Upland Avenue in Belltown have been repaved to cover the numerous and dangerous pot holes.
8. AMERICA FACES UP TO ITS FAILING EDUCATION SYSTEM AS THE DEBATE HEATS UP BETWEEN FUNDING FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS (favored by Governor Cuomo of New York) AND FUNDING FOR PRE-K EDUCATION (favored by New York City's Mayor di Blasio).
9. A BRONX CHARTER SCHOOL PRESENTS ITS CASE TO OPEN AN ELEMENTARY BRANCH HERE IN STAMFORD CAUSING CONTROVERSY.To access the many articles recently published in the Stamford Advocate, click here.
10. METRO NORTH FINALLY FACES UP TO ITS FAILED INFRASTRUCTURE. IS HOPE ON ITS WAY? Click here for story..