Friday, February 26, 2010

Attention Camry and Lexus Owners: This Floormat Advice Could Save Lives

We have been bombarded by the media about sudden unintended acceleration problems.

And, if you are like me, it is hard to separate fact from fiction

Here's a tip that could save a life(s): When you exit your full service car wash that includes interior vaccuming , look at the driver's seat floor mat and be sure it's fully secured by two pivoting clips that must be securely fastened to it.

The other day, after leaving the car wash, I sensed something was not right with my doormat and sure enough it was merely thrown back on the floor and was moving around as I shifted my foot from accelerator to brake pedal.

I immediately pulled the car over and performed the function in a minute and immediately gained more control of my car.

Don't rely on your car wash attendants to do this simple task. They are too busy getting 3-4 cars out per minute to focus on it. Let each owner look out for him/herself.

Here's to Happy and Safe motoring.

No comments: