Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another Happy Motoring Experience: Fairfield, CT Update


I must admit to being a little spoiled.

For many years, I lived in Northern New Jersey. There, by law a gas station attendant must dispense gas at the pumps. And the gas is so much cheaper than in New York or Connecticut.

So what a pleasure to share a happy fill-up story! There is a Citgo station in Fairfield Connecticut along Route 1 that deserves a commendation. As you fill up, you can't help but notice a large sign that says:
FRESH COFFEE
ANY SIZE 99 CENTS

It's the end of the work week and here's an invitation to enjoy some java brew. So after my fill-up, I head into the store and pour myself a 16 ouncer with some milk and sweetener. And it's a warm strong brew!

As I return to my car, a sweet sounding mellow female voice thanks all the motorists for visiting this Citgo station, invites all into the convenience shop for some hot coffee and snacks. Then she wishes us all a safe journey and great weekend!

Thanks for the pleasant experience and TGIF!
Image source (1)



No comments: