Sunday, December 13, 2009

Frank Sinatra's Birthday

Frank Sinatra 42 cent stamp which debuted in 2008

You google Frank Sinatra the number of songs recorded and discover a list of songs so long that it's a labor of love to count the hundreds and hundreds he recorded spanning 1939-1994.

Perhaps the one song that epitomizes the career of he who is nicknamed "The Voice" and "The Chairman of the Board" is I've Got the World on a String and if you click on the link you'll be entertained with a rare 1965 TV performance clip so beautifully preserved by TCM.
How can you not admire Frank as he belts it out the starting lyrics:

I've got the world on a string sitting on that rainbow
Got that string around my finger
What a world what a life I'm in love.
I've got a song I sing I can make the rain go
Anytime I move my finger
Lucky me can't you see I'm in love.

Happy Birthday Frank your songs are forever!


No comments: