Friday, December 31, 2010

Apple Customer Support Achieves New Highs: Celebrating Five Years with my Trusty iBook G4

Apple iBook G4


My trusty iBook G4 has given me 5 years of uninterrupted service. And hopefully will continue to perform up to its highly touted standard.

Thanks to Apple Support systems global teams...

I say 'teams' because from the Philippines support associate who set up my appointment to the two sales associates who helped me at the Stamford Town Center Mall--I must say I am most delighted with their help in getting my Apple up and running again with minimum hassle.

Originally purchased at the Apple Store at the Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack, NY (the closest Apple Retail store to my location in Fairfield County at the time), this little workhorse has taken trips with me to California (where iPhoto came in handy), to New Hampshire and to my teaching positions in New York and Connecticut. Always there, always reliable and upgraded with twice the original ram.

Many of the blogs I have researched and written were completely effortlessly and seamlessly with the aid of my trusty G4.

The only flaw that it has is the design in the power cord, replaced twice in the last year. (Apple has since created a magnetized power connection cord for the portable Macs which does eliminate the problem.)

My service assistant at the Stamford store diagnosed my repeated power failure immediately and was gracious enough--to not only admit the flaw--but replaced the cord gratis. (the first time it was out of pocket to the tune of $84 with tax). He said there was no problem with the logic board-- music to my ears.

Thank you Apple and to the 20 valiant red-shirted Apple assistants, who seemed to outnumber the customers.

Happy New Year to All!


No comments: