Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Downtown Stamford : Alive with Small Acts of Kindness

It was raining very hard yesterday about 12:30 as I took care of some errands.

I was crossing Atlantic Ave. at the corner of Broad Street in the direction of Target.

Naturally, I was walking without an umbrella and the rain started to come down harder than ever!

I spotted the doorman from the Bank of America Building at #1 Atlantic with a beautiful blue and white patterned umbrella and as he walked by I mentioned to him: "Sure could use an umbrella like yours!"

Whereupon, said gentleman said to follow him toward the front door of his building and then gave me his umbrella saying: "Here, take it, it's yours!"

Automatically, I thanked him and walked across the street with an elderly Asian woman next to me who had witnessed the event.

As we both headed to Ferguson Library she commened: "There are still some good people in the city."

My new umbrella proudly sports the name Seaboard Properties 203-357-1600, www.seaboardproperties.com on it.

Thank you Seaboard and your commendable representative.

No comments: