Thursday, February 3, 2011

Transform Yourself into the Person You are Meant to be: pick your role models carefully. Part II

Jack Sanoff (left) and I Celebrate Our 40 Year Relationship in November 2010 in California
My association with Jack Sanoff began five decades ago--it's hard to believe it has been that long! Tempis fugit. Jack's start had been as a minor league pitcher for Cleveland Indians farm teams in Bakersfield, El Centro, (California) Fargo/Moorehead (Minnesota), Spartanburg, El Paso, Reading and Topeka. He had every kid's dream of becoming the next Bob Feller, the blazing fast ball pitcher of the Cleveland Indians. On a recent trip to California, I reconnected with him-- he who has become and continues to be one of the strongest mentors, the strongest pitchman, I've had the privilege to serve under. On a beautiful warm November day, we spent an afternoon together at his new office in the East Bay San Ramon community. It had been 25+ years since we had last worked together. Here's a man, pictured above with me, who -at 79- is vigorous, active and still a strong leader; he is going into partnership with the another 'Jack', a cool 85-year young businessman to market their program across the United States. For seven years beginning in 1976, Jack (as General Manager of Mark-it List Publications, a Bay Area advertising group) taught me the art of direct sales. The product was the TV Movie News and my job was selling ad space to local merchants. Jack spent a few days with me out in the 'field' introducing me to his accounts and his sales techniques. 

No comments: