Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Small gestures matter

     It is the small things you do for other people that really matter. Gerry is a friend who I met at the Stamford synagogue shortly after moving here 3 years ago. He lives in Greenwich and has been seeking a spiritual connection. Danny , another friend, and   I have met Gerry at the JCC for lunch a number of times. So when Gerry called to say he needed Danny and I to be part of the evening memorial service for his father-in-law I said he could count on me. 
    Danny and I were so glad we went. The service was conducted by Helene Reff a cantor at the Kol Ami, White Plains synagogue and Gerry's children Josh and Amanda and their Jennifer participated. In all, there were 12 of us at the service. Most of all, Gerry appreciated our presence. 

No comments: